Gary’s Coffee

Gary%E2%80%99s+Coffee

Alexandra Orbuch

Staff Writer

A 2005 study done at the University of Scranton found that not only does coffee contain many beneficial nutrients and minerals, but “nothing else comes close,” including fruits and vegetables, to this caffeinated beverage’s ability to provide people with antioxidants. What’s more, according to the Huffington Post, in reference to a study done by the National Institute of Health, “those who drink four or more cups of coffee were about 10 percent less likely to be depressed than those who had never touched the java.” It is because of these health benefits that the Head of School, Mr. Gary Weisserman, has generously decided to open up the espresso machine in his office to all Milken students.

Capsules made from the finest golden coffee beans of Brazil, Columbia, South America, Costa Rica, India, and Mexico will soon grace the halls of Milken; students can expect this delightful beverage starting at 2:30 PM today. According to Ms. Hannah Kessel, the health teacher at Milken, “We are doing everything we can to keep Milken students healthy, and this espresso machine is a step in the right direction.”

Seoul National University also conducted a study on rat brains and found that when exposed to the aroma of coffee, the rats’ brains would create proteins with beneficial antioxidants that specifically protect nerve cells from stress-related damage. This further cemented the Milken administration’s decision to make Mr. Weisserman’s espresso machine available to all Milken students. According to Mr. Weisserman, “It is a top priority at Milken to make sure that our students are not overly anxious.” It can be expected that this coffee machine will be a great addition to the daily lives of Milken students!