Comment Policy and Terms
The student and faculty staff of the Milken Roar are committed to providing opportunities for a free and open dialogue wherever and whenever possible. We welcome and encourage your comments, stories and opinions in response to the articles and features you read on this website.
All comment submissions will be reviewed prior to posting, and the editorial staff reserves the right to edit submissions for length, clarity and civility. Comments are posted as quickly as possible, and those received during business hours will typically post faster than those received in the evenings or on a weekend. We believe strongly in providing a forum for all our readers that is without undue censorship, however, we assume comments and opinions will be expressed respectfully for the purpose of creating an engaging dialogue between the staff and readers of the Milken Roar. To that end, we have established the following policy:
We reserve the discretion not to post comments that:
- Contain obscene, indecent, or profane language (including letters followed by dashes or symbols);
- Contain threats or defamatory statements;
- Contain hate speech directed at race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion, or disability; or
- Promote or endorse 3rd party services or products. (non-commercial links that are relevant to the topic or another comment may be acceptable.)
- Are not relevant to the article, or are not respectful of other comments;
- Are aggressively negative about Milken ROAR staff or faculty.
As a general rule, please don’t post comments that you wouldn’t feel comfortable stating to a parent, teacher, or staff member. Please try to keep your comments to 250 words or less. If you are particularly passionate about an issue, we invite you to submit a formal “Letter to the Editor” via our contact page, which may be later published to the website.
The Milken Roar staff is open to strong criticisms of our work, but we will not publish any comments discussing our rules, policies or procedures. All decisions made by the Milken Roar staff in regards to the approval of comments are final. Once submitted, all comments become the property of the Milken Roar. The views expressed in comments are solely the authors’ and do not reflect the views of the Milken Roar, Milken Community High School, Milken Community Middle School, or Stephen S. Wise Temple.
Please note that the email addresses of those who comment will not be published. To have a comment removed from the website, email the editor at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will eliminate the posting as soon as possible.